[IPython-dev] Useful posts on launchpad/bzr use

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:30:46 EST 2009

Hi Darren,

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Darren Dale <dsdale24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I like this layout, and my experience so far has been trouble-free. I
> switched to this layout for the two projects I have under bzr/lp revision
> control, on my laptop yesterday and on my office computer this morning. I
> havent seen any disadvantages yet, and it was really simple to set up the
> split layout. If you have reservations, maybe you could try backing up and
> splitting just one of your project directories. I might follow your lead and
> make a repository for each project at some point.

OK, thanks for your feedback.  Yes, I think what I'll do then is set
things up with one repo per project that I'm seriously involved with
and for which I expect lots of branches, plus one generic 'projects'
repo where I can branch various odds and ends I may occasionally want
to track or use.  Then, from each repo I can use this checkout model,
keeping a separation between the actual repo and the workspace, which
I like.

I'll drop a line in a few weeks if I see any glaring problems with
this setup, but it sounds like a good way to organize things for
bzr/lp work.