[IPython-dev] Status of IPython+GUI+Threads+PyOS_InputHook

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Feb 8 08:25:34 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 03:01:06PM +0200, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> Yeah, I sort of trust the Qt guys on this as well. However, even if it
> sucked badly, we still have the PID and get rid of the process on our
> own.

The big deal are the processes initiated by the child process, and not
the child process itself. This is what is hard, and the pid doesn't solve
it. The gpid does, and this is how I solved the problem under Unix, but I
had to set the process in a separate group first. And under windows
things are quite different.

Gaël