[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] Problems with "_" syntax output cache (ipy_bzr, gettext).

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 13:41:31 EST 2009

Apparently, it's ipy_bzr that screws up _. This happens because
ipython does not want to clobber _ when using gettext, and the bzr
plugin(s) use gettext and reassing _.

You can work around this by doing

import __builtin__
del __builtin__.__dict__['_']

After ip.load('ipy_bzr')

Erik, can you try it for a while and report any problems? I'll add
that to ipy_bzr.py if you have good experience with it.

Relevant discussion below.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio