[IPython-dev] ctrl+c in gui, event loops, sure i'm missing something...

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 05:11:40 EST 2009

Ok thanks a lot gael, I better understand for the console now.
I really understand the virtual machine concept and isolation. And all
you describe is true when using treading.
(the isolation process si sooo true...)
So my next step would be to use ipython1 frontend + network (to
simulate process).
Since what you've written it is clear that it is the only way ... the
ipython1 engine :)

Perhaps it has ever been discussed, but reformulating in my own words
help me clarify the things :/

So let speak about a plan. ("ipython1" is for me the new core able to
launch remote code)
I've played a little with "ipython1" before, and was able to launch
client /server to execute deported script on multiple machines.
So I think we'll need to have the same thing here:
A gui will need to launch a 'ipython1" core engine (easy no?) that
will remotly(or locally) connect to a slave engine.
(if local machine, has to be launched by the gui)
(perhaps all I say is a little bit outdated, so feel free to crush me :) )

So the fact is if networking/ipython1 core is needed, then wx must be
integrataed with twisted, and I think it is not the case currently.
(If I well understood the concept and from recent mail i've readen). True?
--> Is that hard, looking current "ipython1" state to play with a
twisted wx loop?
Anyone ever played with it? Anything planned?
--> Is the wx sycnhroneous frontend is ready and able to deal with ipython1?
--> If not, is it a good basis, and how far are we from this state?

Regards,
Laurent