[IPython-dev] [matplotlib-devel] IPython proposal: getting rid of "ipython -pylab\-wthread\etc."

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:13:11 EDT 2009

I tried ctypes first, but with no luck.  Here is what I tried:

>>> import readline
>>> import ctypes
>>> ctypes.pythonapi.PyOS_InputHook
<_FuncPtr object at 0x76420>
>>> def my_callback():
...   print "In am here"
...   return 0
>>> cbf = ctypes.CFUNCTYPE(ctypes.c_int)(my_callback)
>>> cbf
<CFunctionType object at 0x769d0>
>>> ctypes.pythonapi.PyOS_InputHook = cbf

Do you see anything wrong with this?

I should probably try it again to see if I can make it work though.

Cheers,

Brian