[IPython-dev] IPython <-> PuDB integration

Andreas Klöckner lists at informa.tiker.net
Sat Jul 25 18:25:15 EDT 2009

On Freitag 10 Juli 2009, Robert Kern wrote:
> The user explicitly imports it in their ~/.ipython/ipy_user_conf.py . In
> ipy_pydbgr.py's case, I presume that Rocky intends us to manually copy that
> file into our ~/.ipython/ directories. I prefer to include these in the
> package itself so that it is always installed and ready for users to
> import.

With PuDB 0.92.10, IPython integration is finally a reality. Quoting PuDB's
PyPI page:

8< -------------------------------------------------------------------------
PuDB ships with IPython integration. Just stick the line:

import pudb.ipython

into your $HOME/.ipython/ipy_user_conf.py, and then you may use the magic
command:

%pudb script.py [args]

where [args] represents optional arguments, to launch PuDB from within
IPython.

Happy debugging,
Andreas