[IPython-dev] fixing warnings in python2.6

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 23:27:08 EDT 2009

2009/3/16 Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz>:

> I created the patch with:
>
> $ bzr send -o python2.6.patch
> Using saved parent location
> "http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eipython-dev/ipython/trunk/" to
> determine what changes to submit.
> Bundling 1 revision(s)
>

> is that the correct way?

That works, you can also email a plain old diff-based patch from 'bzr
diff', or make your own branch on launchpad, if you expect it to be an
ongoing development with feedback.

> How can I execute tests? I tried to find such an info at:
>
> http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Developer_Zone

Sorry, we should have a link to the dev part of the manual up there.
These days we're trying to keep as much as we can in the sphinx doc
tree (the one you started! :)

http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/html/development/development.html#testing-system

Right now on my branch (note that for me, iptest is an alias to 'iptest -vvs'):

maqroll[tmp]> iptest
*** Pasting of code with ">>>" or "..." has been enabled.
c referrers: [<type 'dict'>]
x is: 1
Doctest: IPython.Extensions.InterpreterPasteInput ... ok
Doctest: IPython.Extensions.astyle.Style.__init__ ... ok

[ lots of output]

Ran 528 tests in 42.611s

OK (SKIP=11)