[IPython-dev] Test failures and errors in trunk

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:43:01 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will reply more later.  I have narrowed the problem to something in
> your branch between revision 1153 and 1157.  I should be able to find
> it in a later tonight.

Wow, that would be fantastic.  I didn't think I was touching anything
twisted-related, and since I'd seen this problem before, I thought it
was the same thing.

I'll know better from now on never to ignore a twisted problem, even
if it's a bit of a Heisenbug.

In the meantime, I'm working up some utilities to ease the virtualenv
workflow, based on some of the scripts that are out there from Doug
Hellman and Chris Burns.  This will let us do tests in 'naked python'
virtualenvs more easily, so we can really have a test suite that at
least runs gracefully (skips but no errors) on nothing but
python(stdlib)+nose+ipython.

Stay tuned.