[IPython-dev] bzr criss-cross merge?!?!

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 00:26:05 EDT 2009

Just when I was feeling like I have the hang of working with bzr, I
encountered this...

I am trying to merge the latest lp:ipython into my own branch.  When I
did the merge I got:

brian-grangers-macbook-pro:bg-trunk-dev bgranger$ bzr merge ../ipython
Warning: criss-cross merge encountered.  See bzr help criss-cross.

I read more about this and have some vague idea of what it means.  But
I don't recall doing anything funny and I have no idea how to go about
finding the source of this.  Does anyone know if I can just ignore
this, resolve my conflicts and carry on?  Any insight from the bzr
masters among us would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian