[IPython-dev] Merging only 1 commit from branch to trunk

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:40:09 EDT 2009

Sorry, just heading out for a conference, so very short...

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a branch that I am doing a lot of work on.  I just fixed the %debug
> magic in that branch and
> would like to merge that to trunk.  But the rest of my branch is not ready
> for merging.
>
> Are there any bzr experts here who know the best way of doing this?

I don't think it's possible to do it cleanly.  If I recall correctly
(this is going from memory) if you do that, you lose the automatic
revision merge tracking.  You'll  still be able to merge from that
branch, but afterwards you'll always have to do all merges with manual
revision ids.

There may be a trick to do this without creating manual (and
error-prone) work afterwards, but I don't  know of it.