[IPython-dev] iptest is crashing on trunk

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:52:35 EDT 2009

The test suite is currently more or less completely broken.  I am currently
doing some work for MSFT on IPython.kernel so that part of the test suite is
working.  Fernando has written some very nice testing code that will really
simplify all our testing stuff...but we haven't integrated it yet.

This will definitely have to happen before the next release, but I don't
have any time to spend on this right now.  For now, here is my best advice.
If you are writing new code, use unittest and run your tests using nosetests
on the specific file.

Cheers,

Brian