[IPython-dev] Moving to git/github

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 02:59:30 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> ps - anyone know what the format of our lp:ipython repo is?  I can't
> seem to clone it in a way that allows me to push later again using a
> shared repo because I don't know what format to use for init-repo.
> Any help with that info would be much appreciated.

For future reference, the magic incantation needed (many thanks to
lifeless on #bzr on irc!) was:

bzr info -v nosmart+lp:ipython

This was the only way to figure out the remote LP branch format, so I
could make a new, clean local shared repo with the same format from
scratch, to start doing branch work.

Whew.  I'm putting this here in case it saves someone time in the
future (or even another one of us during the transition).