[IPython-dev] Moving to git/github

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 15:30:37 EDT 2010

I fully support moving to git, as almost every new project I encounter is on
git, and IPython is the only thing I have had occasion to touch with bzr. In
particular, github makes forking/proposing contributions easier than
anything I have observed, and I have seen many projects on github benefit
from that. Moreover, the fork/contribute behavior is very active in the git
community, and I think just being on github is likely to prompt more
contribution than living at LP.

-MinRK