[IPython-dev] IPythonQt GSoC update

Gerardo Gutierrez muzgash.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 02:35:23 EDT 2010

Hi all.

Some later updates:

*Mark Summerfield wrote on the blog:

I think you will find QPlainTextEdit more suitable that QTextEdit. Its
layout engine is much faster and it supports colors, bold, etc. (It doesn't
support tables, lists & frames, but presumably you don't need them.) Also,
you can use QSyntaxHighlighter with QPlainTextEdit just the same as
QTextEdit.

I don't really had that in mind just because of the easiness of exporting
the entire session to html, but the differences between QPlainTextEdit and
QTextEdit are minimal. so the design can be initially with a QPlainTextEdit
and if something comes up the update to a QTextEdit should be easy enough to
not to worry for now since the exporting and saving of sessions are still in
discussion.

*The documentation (in the blog, wiki and branch) has been updated, it has
more details about each one of the two main parts of the project and a
required piece of documentation for the event ("possible future
directions"). Please let us know your ideas or questions writing ni the blog
or through here, we'll appreciate your support.

Best regards.
--
Gerardo Gutiérrez Gutiérrez <http://he1.udea.edu.co/gweb>
Physics student