[IPython-dev] Moving to git/github

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 12:56:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM, David Warde-Farley <dwf at cs.toronto.edu> wrote:

> +1 on git and GitHub in general. I think I've only ever submitted one
> patch to IPython but I think I'd be more inclined to do so if not for
> the albatross of learning Launchpad hanging over my head. Every time I
> try to do something as simple as report a bug or browse the source I
> can't seem to find the right bloody menu.

Thanks David, it seems we have clear support (if not unanimous) for a
github-based solution, and most certainly for moving away from LP.
The proof will be in the pudding, but I certainly hope this will make
it easier for people such as yourself to have a lower barrier to
making contributions, without the tools and interface getting in your
way.

I'm going to spend a bit of time writing a bug transition script so we
can move our bugs from LP to Github without data loss, and I'll report
back when things are ready to move.