[IPython-dev] Porting python3

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 16:42:43 EDT 2010

2010/4/22 Omar Andrés Zapata Mesa <andresete.chaos at gmail.com>:
> Ok not problem I am working hardly in zmq prototypes writing a good
> implementation of json library, and  I am having frequent meetings with
> Jorge Zuluaga to refine the ipython-zmq`s design.

Do you mean you are writing a *new* json library? Why? Python 2.6
ships with a json module out of the box:

http://docs.python.org/library/json.html

and for 2.5 it is available externally as simplejson:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/simplejson

We don't need a new one...

>  I had talked to Brian about a howto I'm doing and a new branch for
> experimental ipython-zmq code.
>  Brian suggested me to write the howto on the blog then I am writing a
> "howto" to test ipython-zmq in my blog http://ipythonzmq.blogspot.com/  and
> I create a new branch lp:~ipython-contrib/+junk/ipython-zmq-dev
> but has nothing yet, because I am ordering code. I will upload some code
> tonight.
>
> The ipython-zmq`s documentation branch is
> lp:~ipython-contrib/+junk/ipython-zmq.

Yes, I'm plowing through the git transition work and will review both
of your branches (zmq/qt) as soon as possible.

Needless to say, anyone else is invited and welcome to review this
(please do so!).