[IPython-dev] IPython projects accepted to GSoC!

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 01:23:11 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I heard today from both applicants that the two GSoC proposals from
IPython got accepted.  Congratulations to both of them!

This is very good news, as there is a lot of good work to be done on
the project.  I hope to get the github transition out of the way as
fast as possible, so that we can all work with more fluid tools, and
for Omar and Gerardo not to have to learn too much about bzr/lp since
it won't really be used in the long run (I wish I had finished this
weekend, but it was just too much work).

The full list of all 2010 gsoc projects is here:

http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/program/list_projects/google/gsoc2010

incidentally, I see another one that has an ipython bent to it:

http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2010/advancedconceptsteam/t127230757723

Student Name:  	 Dante Stroe
Mentor Name: 	Francesco Biscani
Title: 	Massively Parallel Islands via MPI, parallel IPython, and/or BOINC

Needless to say, we'll do our best to help out as well if there are
any questions from this student.

Welcome to Gerardo and Omar to the project, and I hope we all have a
very productive few months ahead!