[IPython-dev] correct test-suite

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 1 12:10:51 EDT 2010

Am Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:40:28 -0700
schrieb Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com>:

> Great, this is much better
>
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Thomas Spura
> <tomspur at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > I wrote a little script, that creates a ipython*.xz, so I can build
> > a random snapshot from ipython as a rpm package and install it
> > properly to run iptest on it.
> >
> > Now the failures are down to 2, hopefully, you see, why they are
> > failing:
>
> These are 'trivial' failures, for some reason on your system the
> output is garbled, but in fact the test is running OK.  Could you
> please open a ticket with your OS details and this failure?  Though
> it's not serious, I'd like to have it fixed nonetheless so  we don't
> get these false positives.

I plan to update to F-14 in a few weeks, so I can retest this with
python 2.7. So I'll wait with filling a ticket, till python 2.7 has the
same problem (if it works there, it's ignorable).

> But in practice you are OK, as all tests are really passing and these
> are failures of the test detection, not of  the underlying condition
> being tested.

Great.

Now I've tested "my_bundled_libs" branch again and the first commit
there is ready to get applied. There are the same tests failing for
me...
That's the commit:
http://github.com/tomspur/ipython/commit/eba34c585ae2309f74ed83c8f0348792a0c20bb5

The next commit on that branch is not ready to merge, because I might
be too optimistic with using the python own uuid module instead of
guid...
So don't merge this commit, just the one from above:
http://github.com/tomspur/ipython/commit/dedc4193e3ebc206999922d9cbeb79ac75ae16ee

Thanks
  Thomas