[IPython-dev] Full input syntax support finished and ready for review/merge

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 04:45:38 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all (esp. frontend authors),
>
> In this branch
> http://github.com/fperez/ipython/tree/blockbreaker
>
> I've now completed a functional first pass on complete IPython input
> support, so that frontends can convert statically all 'ipython syntax'
> that can be determined statically.  This includes all escapes (%, ?,
> !, !!, etc) plus things like 'a =! ls' and removal of python/ipython
> prompts from pasted input.

OK, thanks a lot to Brian for the careful code review!

This is now merged into trunk.  Some small fixes remain to be done,
but I want this in the hands of the frontend authors sooner rather
than later.  The remaining cleanups shouldn't affect the public API.

Please let me know if you find any problems with it, esp. Evan who's
likely the first who will merge this...