[IPython-dev] Full input syntax support finished and ready for review/merge

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 21:01:48 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have merged both the updated trunk and Evan's qtfrontend branch into
> my newkernel branch.  BUT, let's not create a new branch yet because
> Evan and I will be committing to our branches all day while you are at
> a meeting.  Thus, until we can all sync properly, let's continue to
> use my newkernel branch as the main development branch for this work.
> Maybe later tonight once Evan and I are done coding and are fully
> synch'd again, we can create the new branch.

Sounds good, I'll ping you tonight to sync.  I've created a top-level
entry point again because we should maintain IPytyhon/scripts/ipython
for the foreseeable future as the default entry point for a terminal.
It's annoying to switch branches and have the entry points move
around.  Once we stabilize the main frontends we'll think about good
naming/organization for these, but for now the default entry point
should maintain a backwards-compatible location.

> Also:

[...]

Great work!  And excellent summary.

> I have to run some errands this afternoon, but I will be around later.
>  Should we plan on talking again on Monday at 9 am?

Sounds good.