[IPython-dev] Qt frontend idea

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 23:29:03 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Evan Patterson <epatters at enthought.com> wrote:
> The functionality for this is actually already there, but it's untested.
> I'll add a keybinding for it tomorrow and make sure that it works.

Great, thanks!

Once it's working, we can implement the %clear magic to return on the
payload a message that says something like 'clear screen' for each
frontend to do the right thing (it's different on a terminal than in
Qt, for example).

> Also, the call tip popup is supposed to have logic to re-position itself
> above the input line if it would be below the bottom of the monitor. If this
> isn't the behavior that you're seeing, let me know.

No, it's certainly not working right here.  If the terminal is close
to the bottom and my input line is at the bottom of the terminal
itself, I can hardly read anything from the popup, as most of it is
'below the monitor'.

I could show you tomorrow with a teamviewer setup if you want.