[IPython-dev] Quieting the kernel, logging strategy.

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:48:10 EST 2010

2010/12/8 Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com>:

> I am a bit hesitant of having ansi colored log files as these will not work
> on Windows.  Minimally, this needs to be optional.

Definitely optional.  Even on posix, leaving ansi escapes in a file is
annoying, as they tend to confuse editors (the file isn't plain text
anymore, it's now binary).  But it can be a nice option if monitoring
interactively from a terminal.

I'll try to review Omar's code in a bit.  Thanks a lot for all the feedback!