[IPython-dev] DreamPie - a new graphical Python shell

Noam Yorav-Raphael noamraph at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 09:34:32 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> I am sure that DreamPie is better than Spyder in some respects, and vice
> versa.
>
> However, the question is: is there an interest in collecting many
> different efforts that have their own strengths and weaknesses?

That's always a problem with projects which may have common goals.
However, in this case, I don't feel that there was a lot of redundant
work done, since Spyder seems to be more focused on visualization
while DreamPie is more focused on the shell itself.

> Note that I am a user of neither, because they don't offer all the
> functionalities that I need from IPython...

Can you say what these functionalities are? I'm interested to know
which features people are missing from DreamPie.

Thanks,
Noam