[IPython-dev] [sympy] Re: using reST for representing the notebook cells+text

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:32:54 EST 2010

I would expect that parsing an XML notebook would be faster than
importing/exec'ing a pure python based
notebook (as Robert's tests shows).  It is not clear to me that
performance is the central concern, but it could be
in some situations.  We all know that long import times are an issue
for some projects.

Robert, do you have any thoughts about the validation/extensibility
issues related to XML that I brought up?

I think at this point, those are my main concerns with XML versus pure python.

Cheers,

Brian