[IPython-dev] Running tests

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Sat Jan 9 10:01:20 EST 2010

Fernando Perez skrev 2010-01-07 21:46:
> Hey Jorgen,
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Jörgen Stenarson
> <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu>  wrote:
>>
>> what is the recommended way of running tests on trunk now?
>>
>> I tried:
>> test/runtests.py        from inside ipython with %run, didn't work
>> IPython/testing/iptest  called as iptest all, didn't work
>> nosetests               Seems to work but has 19 errors and 5 failures
>
> My trunk-dev branch:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~fdo.perez/ipython/trunk-dev
>
> is more test-friendly than trunk right now.  Once reviewed (feel free
> to pitch in, I'd appreciate it!), we'll merge it into trunk with
> whatever changes are needed.  Still, with that branch, the best way to
> run the tests is just to type at the command line
>
> ./iptest

This does not seem to work on windows. I just made a branch of your
trunk-dev branch and tried to run the tests. You can see the results
below. In case your swedish is a bit rusty;-) it complains that iptest
is not a command or batchfile.

Any ideas on what to do?

/Jörgen

C:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython>python testing\iptest.py
IPython test group: IPython.utils
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest är inte ett
internt kommando, externt kommando, program eller kommandofil.
IPython test group: IPython.scripts
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest är inte ett
internt kommando, externt kommando,program eller kommandofil.
IPython test group: IPython.lib
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest är inte ett
internt kommando, externt kommando,program eller kommandofil.
IPython test group: IPython.frontend
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest är inte ett
internt kommando, externt kommando,program eller kommandofil.
IPython test group: IPython.extensions
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest är inte ett
internt kommando, externt kommando,program eller kommandofil.
IPython test group: IPython.core
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest är inte ett
internt kommando, externt kommando,program eller kommandofil.
IPython test group: IPython.config
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest är inte ett
internt kommando, externt kommando,program eller kommandofil.
IPython test group: IPython.testing
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest är inte ett
internt kommando, externt kommando,program eller kommandofil.

Ran 8 test groups in 1.266s

ERROR - 8 out of 8 test groups failed.
Runner failed: IPython.lib
You may wish to rerun this one individually, with:
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest -v IPython.lib

Runner failed: IPython.scripts
You may wish to rerun this one individually, with:
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest -v IPython.scripts

Runner failed: IPython.utils
You may wish to rerun this one individually, with:
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest -v IPython.utils

Runner failed: IPython.frontend
You may wish to rerun this one individually, with:
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest -v IPython.frontend

Runner failed: IPython.extensions
You may wish to rerun this one individually, with:
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest -v
IPython.extensions

Runner failed: IPython.core
You may wish to rerun this one individually, with:
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest -v IPython.core

Runner failed: IPython.config
You may wish to rerun this one individually, with:
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest -v IPython.config

Runner failed: IPython.testing
You may wish to rerun this one individually, with:
c:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython\scripts\iptest -v IPython.testing

C:\python\external\ipython-perez\IPython>