[IPython-dev] launch_new_instance and thread

Nicolas Rougier Nicolas.Rougier at loria.fr
Wed Jan 20 04:45:26 EST 2010

Hello,

I've a simple question related to IPython.ipapi.launch_new_instance. In
order to have an interactive console using OpenGL and GLUT, I have to
start an ipython shell within its own thread and then, when the user
closes the main GLUT window, I need to close the ipython shell as well
from the GL shell but I don't know how to do it (currently I use a join
but it leaves the console in a weird state). Is there a proper way to do
that ? Or do I need to start the IPython shell in another way ?

Nicolas