[IPython-dev] glumpy, fast opengl visualization

Nicolas Rougier Nicolas.Rougier at loria.fr
Tue Jan 26 03:23:47 EST 2010

Hi Fernando,

I will change the license from GPL to BSD.

Concerning the ipython-trunk, I'm not sure where to look exactly within
your sources. Currently, I'm using the IPython.ipapi.launch_new_instance
to start an ipython shell in its own thread (I need this because OpenGL
requires to be in the main thread from what I remember). Furthermore I
proxy all gl calls so they are executed within the main thread while
standard python operations are made directly from the ipython thread.

The only problem so far with this approach is to be able to kill the
IPython session cleanly from the GL thread but I did not find the way to
do it, is there something like this in the dev branch ?

Nicolas