[IPython-dev] debugger.py refactoring

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Jul 8 19:52:24 EDT 2010

Hey folks,

I was just wondering (I didn't see a roadmap anywhere but then again I didn't look very hard) if a refactoring was planned for IPython/core/debugger.py, in particular to make it more extensible to third party tools. I just hacked in support for Andreas Kloeckner's pudb ( http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pudb ) but it wasn't pretty in the least. I guess some sort of 'debugger registry' would make sense, that a user could call into from their ipy_user_conf.py in order to hook up their favourite debugger's post-mortem mode?

This is all just fanciful thinking aloud, but if no one's planning on doing anything to debugger.py in the near future I might give it a try when I get back into town next week.

David