[IPython-dev] SciPy Sprint summary

Justin Riley justin.t.riley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:49:05 EDT 2010

On 07/14/2010 01:05 AM, Brian Granger wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We wanted to updated everyone on the IPython sprint at SciPy 2010.  We
> had lots of people sprinting on IPython (something like 7-10), which
> was fantastic.  Here are some highlights:

Also just wanted to mention, for those using the EC2 cloud, that during
SciPy I also added a new plugin to the StarCluster project
(http://web.mit.edu/starcluster) that will automatically configure and
launch ipcluster on EC2:

http://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/blob/master/starcluster/plugins/ipcluster.py

The ipcluster plugin will be released in the next version coming out soon.

<plug>
For those unfamiliar, StarCluster creates/configures scientific
computing clusters on EC2. The clusters launched have MPI and Sun Grid
Engine as well as NumPy/SciPy installations compiled against an
ATLAS/LAPACK that has been optimized for the 8-core instance types.</plug>

Thanks,

~Justin