[IPython-dev] SciPy Sprint summary

Justin Riley justin.t.riley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 03:43:27 EDT 2010

Hi Satra/Brian,

I modified your code to use the job array feature of SGE. I've also made
it so that users don't need to specify --sge-script if they don't need a
custom SGE launch script. My guess is that most users will choose not to
specify --sge-script first and resort to using --sge-script when the
generated launch script no longer meets their needs. More details in the
git log here:

http://github.com/jtriley/ipython/tree/0.10.1-sge

Also, I need to test this, but I believe this code will fail if the
folder containing the furl file is not NFS-mounted on the SGE cluster.
Another option besides requiring NFS is to scp the furl file to each
host as is done in the ssh mode of ipcluster, however, this would
require password-less ssh to be configured properly (maybe not so bad).
Another option is to dump the generated furl file into the job script
itself. This has the advantage of only needing SGE installed but
certainly doesn't seem like the safest practice. Any thoughts on how to
approach this?

Let me know what you think.

~Justin