[IPython-dev] Trunk in 100% test compliance

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 23:27:23 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

we had a few lingering test errors here and there, and with all the
renewed activity in the project, that seemed like a fairly unsafe way
to proceed.  We really want everyone to be able to *always* run the
*full* test suite and only make pull requests when the suite passes
completely.  Having failing tests in the way makes it much more likely
that new code will be added with more failures, so hopefully this is a
useful checkpoint to start from.

I've only ran the tests on linux for now, but the only major component
that misses is cocoa/objc:

Test suite completed for system with the following information:
IPython version: 0.11.alpha1.git
BZR revision   : 0
Platform info  : os.name -> posix, sys.platform -> linux2
               : Linux-2.6.32-24-generic-i686-with-Ubuntu-10.04-lucid
Python info    : 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:09:56)
[GCC 4.4.3]

Tools and libraries available at test time:
   curses foolscap gobject gtk pexpect twisted wx wx.aui zope.interface

Tools and libraries NOT available at test time:
   objc

Ran 10 test groups in 46.446s

###

If anyone sees a different result on their system, please do let us
know and we'll hopefully be able to fix it.