[IPython-dev] Specifying histfile

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:11:01 EDT 2010

If you look in IPython/config/default/ipython_config.py

You will find the line:

# c.InteractiveShell.logfile = u'ipython_log.py'

You can set this in the config file.  If you want to have IPython
install the default config file in the right location do:

%install_default_config

That will put ipython_config.py in $HOME/.ipython

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Hubbard, Matt R W
<m.hubbard at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> Could someone tell me whether or not it will be possible to specify the
> histfile in the new configuration system coming in 0.11?
>

> I wanted to write a ipy_user_conf.py that would rename the histfile with a
> suffix based on the optional existence of an environment variable, but I’ve
> been scuppered by IP.histfile being set after ipy_user_conf is loaded.

ipy_user_conf is not used in 0.11.

Cheers,

Brian