[IPython-dev] 0.11 regression in %who_ls - report issue and request code review

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 16:21:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Jonathan March <JDM at marchray.net> wrote:

> 1. The fix just changes one line, but I have configured my editor to remove
> trailing white space, which it did on dozens of lines in this file. This
> cleanup makes it harder to view the diff on github (unlike local diff tools
> which can ignore whitespace differences). So is it better not to do such
> cleanup?

For the futue, such cleanups should be done on separate
whitespace-only commits if desired, so that the diffs are easier to
read online.  But don't worry about this one, it's easy enough to look
at the diff locally.

> 2. I don't want to create more work than necessary for dev team. For
> something tiny like this, should I skip the bug report and code review steps
> and go straight to pull request?

Yes, that's OK, because a pull request still  allows for review in the
commit itself.  Github makes that process very easy (as long as the
developers respond :)

ps - For the list, Jonathan is here at Scipy so we'll go over this
together here.