[IPython-dev] Fwd: Demo.py on trunk

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 12:53:57 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [IPython-dev] Demo.py on trunk
To: tfetherston at aol.com

Hi,

First I would do a basic test.  That will at least make sure you can
checkout something from launchpad.

bzr branch lp:ipython

If this doesn't work, then you bzr install is somehow messed up.  I
would uninstall and reinstall bzr.

For pushing here are some tips:

* Make sure you have putty setup correctly with your certificate

https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/CreatingAnSSHKeyPair

* Then I would do the push using the lp: syntax.

If you run into problems with the push, let me know and I can try to
help debug it.

> @SCUZZLEBUTT[C:0.11]|6> bzr push
> https://code.launchpad.net/~tfetherston/ipython/demoFixes
> bzr: ERROR: At https://code.launchpad.net/~tfetherston/ipython/demoFixes you
> have a valid .bzr control directory, but not a branch or repository. This is
> an unsupported configuration. Please move the target directory out of the
> way and try
> again.

Either your bzr install is messed up or the repo you are trying to
push is corrupted somehow.

Cheers,

Brian

--