[IPython-dev] ImportError: No module named ipapp

Johann Cohen-Tanugi cohen at lpta.in2p3.fr
Thu Mar 11 21:34:13 EST 2010

hello,
I have an identical problem : I have a trunk build of ipython, that I
installed with --user, and then today I wanted to have a look at the
bundle EPD distribution. I thought that the whole point was that I could
get a completely "waterproof" distribution with EPD, irrespective of any
other development version of say ipython on my system.

But I get:
[cohen at jarrett ~]$ /home/cohen/sources/python/epd-6.1-1-rh5-x86/bin/ipython
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/cohen/sources/python/epd-6.1-1-rh5-x86/bin/ipython", line
7, in <module>
     from IPython.ipapi import launch_new_instance
ImportError: No module named ipapi

if I rename .local as local, then the EPD version loads ok.... Isn't
there a way to keep both functioning?

thanks,
Johann