[IPython-dev] pyzmq problems

Omar Andrés Zapata Mesa andresete.chaos at gmail.com
Sat May 22 12:09:38 EDT 2010

hi all
I am working yet in zmq module to ipython, but I have the next problem using
json.
the code are in http://github.com/omazapa/ipython
into the dir  ipython/IPython/core/

I run my zmq server prototype

*the output is*

omazapa at tuxhome:~/MyProjects/GSoC/tmp/ipython/IPython/core$ python
ipzmq_server.py
reply socket= tcp://127.0.0.1:5555
publisher socket = tcp://127.0.0.1:5556
Server started.

in this moment I am waiting json`s message in reply socket.

then I run my client prototype

*the output is*

omazapa at tuxhome:~/MyProjects/GSoC/tmp/ipython/IPython/core$ python
ipzmq_client.py
request socket = tcp://127.0.0.1:5556
subscribe socket = tcp://127.0.0.1:5555

but server no recieve the message.

*the output is*

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ipzmq_server.py", line 112, in <module>
    msg=server.recieve_reply()
  File "ipzmq_server.py", line 79, in recieve_reply
    msg=self._reply_socket.recv_json()
  File "_zmq.pyx", line 709, in zmq._zmq.Socket.recv_json (zmq/_zmq.c:5242)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/json/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/json/decoder.py", line 319, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/json/decoder.py", line 338, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

have you some idea?
maybe, do I need encode my message before send it?
I have the last version of zeromq2 from official repo and pyzmq
http://github.com/ellisonbg/pyzmq/, I am using python2.6

Brian  said me that the problem is that I have outdated version of zeromq
and pyzmq but I update zeromq and pyzmq and It is not working yet.

thks