[IPython-dev] Ctrl-C quitting ipython

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Nov 3 10:09:50 EDT 2010

Hi again,

Op den Maandag 01 November 2010 Klock 15:36:10 hett Hans Meine schreven:
> From time to time (not everytime), Ctrl-C would kick him back into the
> shell, closing his ipython without further notice. [...]

OK, here's some more info; without any active GUI support, it happened again
today, and I let Chris work from within GDB in order to check why ipython
exits sometimes without even resetting the terminal correctly.

The result: "Program exited with code 01." - looks like sys.exit(1) (or the
equivalent in C in some library) being called.  Probably some extension
installed a signal handler (we suspect openmesh).

To make this thread at least slightly on-topic again: could such things be
trapped/recognized/warned about in ipython?

Have a nice day,
  Hans