[IPython-dev] IPython 0.10.1 -pylab

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 03:38:38 EDT 2010

Hi Peter,

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Peter Butterworth <butterw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following issue with IPython 0.10.1 /IPython 0.10 with
> python 2.6 and only on Windows 32/64bits in pylab mode (it works fine
> in regular ipython) :
> I can't cd to a directory with an accentuated character.

> [Error 2] Le fichier spÚcifiÚ est introuvable: 'c:/Python_tests/001/b\xc3\xa9'
> c:\Python_tests\001
>
> I hope this can be solved as it is really quite annoying.

Unfortunately for the 0.10 series, we're pretty much down to
maintenance mode by accepting user contributions (such as the recent
SGE work).  We simply don't have the resources to actively develop the
main series and backport all work to 0.10.

I think we've fixed all unicode related problems we know of in 0.11,
so if you can run from that, you might be OK (many of us use now 0.11
for full production work).  If you see the problem still in 0.11 let
us know, and we'll definitely work on it.

If you need the fix for 0.10 and can send a patch or pull request
(from you or anyone else) we'll be happy to include it, but I'm afraid
we won't be able to work on it.  At least not myself.

Regards,