[IPython-dev] Robert - issue gh-177

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 12:13:35 EDT 2010

On 10/21/10 2:29 AM, Fernando Perez wrote:
> Hey Robert,
>
> github is down so I can't post code/branch there.  I've attached the
> diff here in the meantime, in case you have any suggestions: I tried
> from the code you posted on the gist (I guess I got in right before
> github went down) but I still don't see a traceback.  Do you see any
> obvious mistake with my approach?
>
> It would be great if we could get your idea to work, much much better
> than temp files!

Hmm, ultratb.py calls linecache.checkcache() frequently to ensure that the cache
is up-to-date. However, this function will delete entries that refer to files
that are not on the file system. Perhaps ultratb.py can be modified to use a
modified copy of that function that leaves entries '<code ...>' entries alone.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco