[IPython-dev] [SPAM] GTK regression in 0.10.1

Mark Voorhies mark.voorhies at ucsf.edu
Tue Oct 26 00:18:16 EDT 2010

On Monday, October 25, 2010 02:12:53 pm Fernando Perez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we've managed to ship a 0.10.1 that does not work AT ALL with --pylab
> in GTK mode.  This is particularly problematic because on linux,
> absent any user customization, matplotlib defaults to GTK.
>
> I'll try to find the time for a fix soon, but if anyone beats me to
> it, by all means go ahead, you'll be my hero for a day :)
>
> Anyone willing to try and figure out what went wrong/propose a fix
> should do so off the 0.10.2 branch:
>
> http://github.com/ipython/ipython/tree/0.10.2

I'm not sure I'm reproducing exactly the same problem (for me,
ipython --pylab --gthread on 0.10.2 hangs immediately), but
reverting 3e84e9 "Fix problem with rc_override." appears to fix
it (presumably giving a regression for whatever 3e84e9 fixes).

Reverted branch is:
http://github.com/markvoorhies/ipython/tree/gtkfix

More details here:
http://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/issue/185/