[IPython-dev] Starting to plan for 0.11 (this time for real)

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 21:45:55 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've asked, but apparently they can't do it, because it's a fork of the repo
> the IPython organisation already owns:
> http://support.github.com/discussions/organization-issues/315-request-to-transfer-my-personal-repository-to-an-organisation

Of course, I should have thought of that from the start, sorry for
sending you on a wild goose chase.

> I guess we could either push my branch to the organisation's existing repo
> (without merging it into trunk), or set up a new ipython-py3k repository,
> and push my branch as master there.

Your wish is my command :)  I pushed from your master as it was just now.

http://github.com/ipython/ipython-py3k

I followed this route because I can imagine work on this repo being a
little erratic, and possibly doing large rebases/cleanups before a
final merge in the ipython trunk.  So having it isolated in a separate
repo seems like a cleaner alternative.