[IPython-dev] can delete prompts in ipythonqt

Evan Patterson epatters at enthought.com
Thu Sep 2 20:02:15 EDT 2010

Min: I will fix these issues tomorrow. At least one of these is a
recent regression.

Fernando: I thought I had hijacked all the possible ways to paste
code, but I forgot about middle click (I never use that one). I will
also fix this tomorrow.

In general, there is a large amount of code in place to ensure that
the user does not delete or modify text that should be static, but I'm
not surprised that there are still ways for the determined user to
break things. Eventually, all the holes will be plugged, but this is
the price you pay for using a generic text widget to implement a
terminal interface. (Of course, there are also many advantages to not
using a true terminal widget.)

Evan