[IPython-dev] Justin, Satra, everyone: wrapping up 0.10.1?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 19:31:00 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

I just wanted to get a feel for what we have left to get 0.10.1 out
the door officially. Pretty much 100% of my energy and time on ipython
has gone towards the 0.11 recent work, but there's a lot of production
use of 0.10 out there.  Enthought has an EPD release planned in the
not too distant future, and it would be great to get IPython 0.10.1 in
there, since EPD is the delivery mechanism for many ipython users on
Win32 and OSX.

The big item we had in the wings was the great work Justin, Satra and
others (forgive me if I'm mis-allocating credit) have been putting in
to get SGE fully supported for 0.10.1.  Can you remind me of the
status of that?

Are there any other ready-to-go last minute fixes?  If you point me to
the right branches to pull from, I can cut an RC for 0.10.1 for final
testing, and we'll get ready to ship this in the next couple of weeks.

Thoughts, etc?  Anything else I forgot? (quite likely, with my
attention span being worse than my cat's, all the 0.11 work has mostly
erased 0.10 from my brain...)