[IPython-dev] Justin, Satra, everyone: wrapping up 0.10.1?

Satrajit Ghosh satra at mit.edu
Tue Sep 21 10:56:00 EDT 2010

hi fernando,

the way justin set it up is that PBS/SGE/LSF obviates the need for writing a
special script. however, there is an option to provide your own script if
you want. we can augment the docs with a mini-example for your own script.

recently i realized that i would love if the ssh option for ipcluster had an
option to use my current environment similar to the way SGE/PBS does. it's
not useful when you are talking cross-platform but very useful if you are on
the same platform. part of this is motivated by the fact that my virtual
environment does not get activated over ssh (the bashrc doesn't get
executed). what do you guys think? i might have some time tonight - should i
take a crack at it?

cheers,

satra