[IPython-dev] [Announcement] Imminent removal of IPython.kernel in favor of new IPython.parallel

Satrajit Ghosh satra at mit.edu
Mon Apr 4 18:35:00 EDT 2011

hi min,

great work on the parallel stuff. a few questions though:

regarding using ipclusterz with pbs/sge/torque, i think the parallel docs
refer to the old style of the user providing a template, but this is
actually not necessary right? (at least from my cursory look at the code, it
seems to contain the 0.10.1 upgrade to generate a default template)

also are you planning to include the options from the 0.10.1 series? (e.g.,
-e for ssh, -q for the queues, lsf support). if not, i'll try to create
those when i have some time unless somebody gets to them before i do.

cheers,

satra