[IPython-dev] Using ipcluster behind restrictive login setups

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:39:49 EDT 2011

Hi all,

A note on a tool that may come in handy for those of you who wish to
run ipcluster in environments with very restrictive setups for remote
logins, such as those requiring multifactor authentication where the
ssh tunneling for zmq would require multiple activations of the token
(one for each zmq connection being tunneled):

https://github.com/apenwarr/sshuttle

We already have some reports of users in such scenarios using it
successfully to simplify their entire login and control process, so I
figured I'd mention it here until we have a chance to document it more
permanently.

regards,