[IPython-dev] stdout when running the test suite

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 13:20:30 EDT 2011

On 23 April 2011 23:15, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running the test suite a lot today as I code I am getting a lot
> of things dumped to stdout or stderr from the tests suite.

I've seen those since I started running the test suite. Specifically in the
IPython.core tests. I'd assumed they were just some side effect that wasn't
concerning us.

I think IPython replaces sys.stdout, so I've seen code for the test suite
that overrides that (in testing/globalipapp). I wonder if this interferes
somehow with nose, which must also be redirecting stdout.

Thomas