[IPython-dev] PythonAnywhere update, 18 August 2011

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 07:52:09 EDT 2011

On 18 August 2011 12:29, PythonAnywhere Support
<support at pythonanywhere.com>wrote:

> What else do you think we should be working on?

I see you've updated IPython to 0.11 now - thanks. I'll admit to being
biased because I ported it, but I'd be keen to see our Python 3 version of
IPython available as well. Also, I don't know how easy it is to add to the
terminal emulation, but I notice that it's currently impossible to enter or
paste a non-ascii character (e.g. £ or þ).

Also, I'm still interested in the possibility you suggested of having a 'Try
IPython online' kind of demo.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Thomas