[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] [SciPy-User] [ANN] IPython 0.12 is out!

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 04:19:03 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn at gmail.com> wrote:
> My sincere congratulations to the IPython team! You set an amazingly
> high standard that we should all strive to emulate. I never seem to
> run out of good things to say about the work that you are doing--
> looking forward to an even more productive 2012!

Well, your kind words are very much appreciated, but I actually wanted
to thank you  for saying those good things, as you've actually already
helped us by doing so...

A few days ago on the nipy list someone posted a link to Titus Brown's
blog post:

http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/dec-11/data-intensive-science-and-workflows

as I was reading I kept thinking 'well, the ipython notebook could be
useful there...', and then I read further down that he had tried the
notebook.  Eventually on Friday I had a very nice chat with Titus
about this and related matters, that hopefully will lead to
interesting things down the road.

And as it turns out, I owe it to you!  He mentioned how a chance
meeting on a train where his next-seat neighbor turned out to be a
scientific python guy (you) led to a conversation about the notebook.
 So thanks!!

Best,