[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] [SciPy-User] [ANN] IPython 0.12 is out!

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 15:50:48 EST 2011

Related to this, I wanted to post a quick dev question:

I know we plan to continue the short release cycle with at least two
more significant releases in 2012, but do we want to have a 'bugfix'
branch for possible 0.12.1?  We were bitten pretty hard by the pyzmq
version-check bug, and we probably should have cut  0.11.1 with the
fix, which we had in master two months before the issue came up.

I suppose we don't have to make a decision until we make our first
change that shouldn't go into an incremental release, but I thought I
would float the idea.  I don't think we have to make such a release
unless we find a potential bug that justifies one, but I think the
cost of making 0.11.1 would have been lower than the time we spent
saying "duplicate of #XYZ, fixed in master" on GitHub.

-MinRK